Deer is the currently only visible animal in Salt.
Deer will run away if a player comes too close or if the deer gets hit by an arrow. Therefore, a ranged weapon is the best option for putting down the animal. Deer do not react to the presence of enemies.
Brown Deer Edit
White Deer (Uncommon) Edit
Mainly spawns during the day.
Black Deer (Rare) Edit
Mainly spawns during the night and is a faster runner than most types of deer.
Scent-Lured Deer Edit
Only spawns when Deer Scent is used. It's identical to the Brown Deer.
Only spawns when Deer Scent is used.
- Sneaking with (CTRL) behind a deer will let you get in for a sneak attack. If you have a beefy weapon, you can take the deer's health down by at least 60% and finish It off with a bow.
- If a deer runs away from you and out of range, stop shooting and follow it. Usually deer run straight, and will randomly stop at a certain point.
- While sprinting, Running Boots give you enough speed to keep up with fleeing deer.
- While walking, if wearing a full set of white deer armor, you are faster than a normal deer (untested with white deer and black deer)
- Hunter's Arrow are very useful, downing the game in one shot almost every time.