A Lantern is a lightsource and when equipped, it's placed in the left hand. It's constantly lighting and compared to the torch, it will never go out. If the player equip the Lantern and then equip certain weapons like the Mighty Axe or a bow, the Lantern will be put away. This is because the weapon requires both hands.
- Lantern will not un-light under water or if the player is submerged In it.
- Lantern can be used with Pickaxes.
- Lantern go out if you advance time by Resting.
- Lantern will not protect you against Poison Effect.
The Lantern is one of a few items in Salt that can produce light. The items that can produce light are:
- Ancient Flaming Eye Necklace - Light Source, Adds 10 Strength (Can be used to craft campfires).
- Torch Holder - Light Source, Holds 1 Torch
- Table Lantern - Light Source
- Deck Fire Pit - Light Source, Allows Resting
- Torch - Handheld Light Source
- Lantern - Handheld Light Source (Focused)
- Campfire - Light source, Placeable on Islands only.
- Moonrock Sword - Light source, only when the moon is out
- Burning Scepter of Southern Flame - light source, adds 100% Critical Hit Power, 15 max health, 10 strength and 5 armor