As per version 22.214.171.124, Salt features Ship Customization.
Ship customization is a way to make personal touches to the players Boats and many of the customization items also have additional uses. Beds and fire pits to rest, chests and crates for storage, sails to sail faster, place torch holders for a light source, or mount a mounting plate somewhere to show off your weapon.
Players can also remove any placed customization item on a ship by left clicking a boat in the boat menu ingame, and click "remove upgrades". This will return all items back to the player's inventory. If you want to remove a single decorative object, then go within interaction range and hold the "F" button (or the default interaction key).
List of customization items Edit
- Bed - 3 Fine Material + 4 Hardwood Log - The only way to rest without consuming materials.
- Storage Crate - 5 Crate Splinters
- Storage Chest - 4 Hardstone Ore + 6 Wood Log
- Ironite Storage Chest - 3 Ironite Ore + 4 Hardwood Log
- Torch Holder - 1 Ironite Ore - Once placed, press "E" to insert a torch, provided you have one.
- Deck Fire Pit - 2 Hardstone Ore - You can rest here by igniting the pit, using 2 Flintstone and 1 Wood Log.
- Paintings - Found in Ironite Chests on Pirate Islands, Sold by Merchant 200 Gold, Flotsam found by Fishing
- Bamboo Mat - 10 Bamboo Pole + 2 Wood Log
- Windy Sail - Looted from Pirate Shipwright - Improve your sailing raft or small sailboat. Placing it anywhere will replace the original sail.
- Wooden Mounting Plate - 3 Wood Log - Mount a weapon
- Hardwood Mounting Plate - 3 Hardwood Log - Mount a weapon
- Stone Mounting Plate - 3 Stone Block - Mount a weapon
- Hardstone Mounting Plate - 3 Hardstone Ore - Mount a weapon
- Table Lantern - Completing Treasure Hunter Quests
- Round Table - Completing Treasure Hunter Quests
- Small Jungle Statue - Looted from Jungle Statues
- (List incomplete)
- When you remove a storage chest or crate, all items stored inside it will also be added into your inventory.
- The Deck Fire Pit and Storage Crate can both have other placed items placed attached to them.
- Crates, Chests, Fire Pits, and Tables can be stacked on boats and utilized as makeshift stairs, even making an effective Crow's Nest.
- מיטות זוגיות - בעברית