The Torch Holder is a common Ship Customization item that can be place in your ship as decoration and to provide light. The Torch holder (as well as any other kind of ship decoration) can be placed anywhere on any boat.
The Torch holder is both a form for ship-decoration and works as a light source. For it to work as a light source, make sure you have a Torch in your inventory or craft one. Once in inventory, go up to the Torch Holder and press the interaction key (E by default) to place the Torch, which also lights the Torch. This light will never go out.
Interacting with the holder again removes the Torch from the Torch Holder and moving the Torch back to your inventory.
- Crafted: 1 Ironite Ore
The Torch Holder is one of a few items in Salt that can produce light. The items that can produce light are:
- Ancient Flaming Eye Necklace - Light Source, Adds 10 Strength (Can be used to craft campfires).
- Torch Holder - Light Source, Holds 1 Torch
- Table Lantern - Light Source
- Deck Fire Pit - Light Source, Allows Resting
- Torch - Handheld Light Source
- Lantern - Handheld Light Source (Focused)
- Campfire - Light source, Placable on Islands only.
- Cobalt Torch Holder - Light Source, Holds 1 Torch