The Treasure Hunter is an uncommon NPC in Salt that exists on many Desert Islands. He gives many different quests, each one with a unique reward.
He is immune to all forms of damage and cannot be killed by anything.
- Getting Cozy - Reward: Round Table (Ship Customization item) or Table Lantern (Ship Customization item).
- Rise to the Challenge - Reward: Durable Climbing Rope (Adds 10% Climbing Bonus for 15 secs, Unlimited uses)
- All of the Treasure Hunter's Quests require the player to search around the Desert Island that the Treasure Hunter is on and find a buried treasure. The mound of dirt with a red X over it must be right-clicked with a shovel in hand to receive the Desert Island Treasure Cache which is then turned in to the Treasure Hunter for a reward.
- At times, the buried treasure is not covered with an "X" but slightly visible by a little round mound over it. The treasure chest is hard to spot, but besides the mound, it's the only visible sign.
- Treasure Caches from other Islands can be used on a Treasure Hunter of the same island type (example: Using a desert island cache from a desert island at 12E 18S on a Treasure Hunter at 12E 10S) This allows you to hold onto a cache then use it when a Treasure Hunter has the appropriate quest for you or if you've used a cache from an island where a Treasure Hunter had a quest for you.
- His quests are not repeatable, with the exception of "Getting Cozy" and "Open Sesame".
Default Seed locations Edit
- 0E, 41N - Clothed In Coin
- 8E, 0N - More Bang For Your Buck
- 25E, 6S - Open Sesame
- 3W, 7N - Knot My Problem
- 4W, 6N - Nimble Knicker
- 17W, 41S - Rise To The Challenge
- 43W, 9S - Getting Cozy